Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baruch New Media - Our Class Wiki - So Far

Part of my assignment for the class wiki is to contribute in advertising and marketing section of "Marketing and Advertising Using New Media". Though my findings may seem very similar to articles in "How Business is Using Social Networking" section, there is rather a significant difference. In that section it describe how the communities within the structure of social networking websites. What that article does not mention is the new Cost per Click advertising program that myspace and facebook recently launched. This was my contribution to the class wiki. I also believe that it was appropriate for me to add my findings in the "marketing and advertising" section rather in "business using social net working" section even though business benefit from social networking sites. The reason that my findings belong in advertisement is because particular user profiles are paid for exposure, and the sponsor has the ability to target specific audience for impressions.

No comments: